Feasibility Assessment & Technology Evaluation
Assessments and evaluations range from fatal flaw reviews to comprehensive due diligence grade investigations. While our primary focus is the bioenergy and natural resource utilization sectors, TSS also provides essential development team expertise needed for geothermal energy project developers and investors. Our development team performs feasibility studies, economic and environmental risk assessments, raw material feedstock procurement, and market contract negotiations.
- TSS has conducted technology evaluations on a wide range of biomass boiler technologies. From 1.0 Btu/hour thermal units to 50 MW industrial-scale biomass power generation facilities, TSS is well versed in the operations, maintenance, and economic performance of this technology.
Anaerobic Digestion and Dairy Digesters
- For a wide range of private and public sector clients, TSS has conducted both technology and financial evaluations on a variety of anaerobic digestion systems and equipment for the conversion of food/organic and manure waste streams to electricity, thermal energy and renewable natural gas.
Gasification and Pyrolysis
- TSS has extensive experience evaluating gasification and pyrolysis technologies, particularly for community-scale renewable heat and power generation, along with commercial-grade biochar production. TSS uses a detailed and systematic approach to evaluate established and emerging technologies to match client needs to the optimal system.
- TSS has been involved in the feasibility evaluation of biomass conversion to transportation fuels for nearly 25 years. TSS has examined several types of biomass feedstocks and waste streams including food and organic waste, MSW, woody biomass, agricultural residues, and livestock manure.
Waste to Energy
- Many of TSS’ feasibility and technical studies and projects for clients have involved a municipal solid waste to energy component. As part of those studies and projects, TSS has honed its waste characterization and procurement abilities.