Grant Preparation & Management
TSS has experience with California and Federal renewable energy and waste management/recycling grant programs and is retained on a regular basis to conduct comprehensive investigations for opportunities to secure grant funding or low-interest loans. Public and private sector entities regularly provide funding options for project level support including grant dollars for feasibility studies or project design/engineering, and funding or low-interest loans to offset capital investment costs. We take pride in providing our clients with a detailed approach to target grant or loan application efforts specific to their needs and focused on those opportunities that have the highest potential for success.
Electric Procurement Investment Charge (EPIC) Grant Program
- The California Energy Commission offers the EPIC grant program focusing on a range of electricity development projects including renewable electricity, energy efficiency, and electric transportation. TSS offers complete grant management services or component-specific technical expertise, including quantitative, qualitative, and cost-benefit assessments as well as CEQA and permit reporting. TSS, along with other team members, has prepared nine successful applications contributing to the award of over $20,000,000 to our clients.
AB 118 Alternative Transportation Fuels
- The California Energy Commission offers an alternative transportation fuels grant program focusing on a variety of biomass conversion technologies and biofuel types (i.e., ethanol, biodiesel and renewable diesel, and renewable natural gas). TSS offers complete grant management services or component-specific technical expertise, including quantitative, qualitative, and cost-benefit assessments as well as CEQA and permit reporting. TSS, along with other team members, have prepared four recent grant application awarding clients over $10,000,000 since 2013.
CalRecycle Greenhouse Gas Reduction Grants
- Beginning in 2014, CalRecycle’s GHG Reductions program has offered a wide array of waste management and recycling grant opportunities funding by AB 32. TSS offers complete grant management services or component-specific technical expertise, including GHG lifecycle analysis, waste diversion assessments, and CEQA and permitting review. TSS assisted in the preparation of two successful awards in 2014 contributing to the award of over $5,000,000 to our clients.
USDA Forest Service Grant Programs
- The USDA Forest Service sponsors a range of grant funding programs targeting support for value-added uses of excess forest biomass. TSS has assisted clients in development and submittal of proposals and applications to programs such as the Woody Biomass Utilization Grant and the Wood Innovation Grant. TSS has been successful with of its submissions contributing to the award of over $500,000 to our clients.
Department of Energy and other Federal Grants
- TSS has been involved in the preparation of numerous federal grants funding energy-related activities including the U.S. Department of Energy Biomass Program, USDA Forest Service Wood Innovations Grant Program, the U.S. Housing and Urban Development Office of Economic Resilience, and various grant programs established under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. Awards to our clients from these federal grant programs have been in excess of $100,000,000.