Forest Products Consultant
Email: email@example.com | Phone: (509) 429-3415
Larry Potts is a forester by education with nearly 40 years of experience in the forest products industry, working in forestry, lumber manufacturing and marketing, and combined heat and power projects. Over the past 21 years he has worked at the executive and senior management level, spearheading manufacturing improvement projects, team-building and human resource development, and developing sustainable resource processes and biomass energy production systems. These activities have led him to develop a unique perspective regarding the interrelatedness of the social, environmental, and economic forces present in the everyday life. He is a founding member of the Forest Stewardship Council and served on the FSC US Board of Directors from 1997-2000. He is also a California Licensed Professional Forester #917.
- L. W. Potts Jr., LLC, Owner, Omak, WA – A consulting firm specializing on improved lumber manufacturing and marketing processes and biomass energy projects.
- Warm Springs Forest Products Industries, CEO, Warm Springs, OR -Operation of a lumber manufacturing and combined heat and power facility.
- Collins Companies, VP, Sustainable Resource Development,Portland, OR – Development of FSC certified timber resources to support the certified raw material needs of the California and Oregon sawmills.
- Collins Pine Company, VP, California Operations, Chester, CA – Operation of a lumber manufacturing and combined heat and power facility. In addition, acted as an Agent, to the Collins Almanor Forest owners, on behalf of the Company.
- Colville Indian Precision Pine, President, Omak, WA – Operation of a lumber manufacturing facility.
- Louisiana Pacific Corp., Area Operations Manager, Coeur d’Alene, ID – Management responsibilities of numerous lumber manufacturing and industrial forest facilities.
- Kenai Lumber Company, General Manager, Seward, AK -Management responsibility for a cant and pulp chip manufacturing facility. A subsidiary of Louisiana Pacific Corp.
- Louisiana Pacific Corp., Forester and Resource Manager – Industrial forest land management and log and timber procurement inCalifornia and Washington.
- MBA, Marylhurst Univ., Lake Oswego, OR,
- BS, Forest Management, Humboldt St. Univ., Arcata, CA
Professional Affiliations (current and past)
- California Licensed Professional Forester, Lic. #917.
- Forest Stewardship Council, Founding Member.
- Forest Stewardship Council, US, Board of Directors 1997-2000.
- Sierra Business Council, Founding Member.
- California Forestry Association, Board of Directors, Chairman 1996.
- California Forest Products Commission, Board of Directors, 1996-1998.
- Society of American Foresters.
- Western Wood Products Association.